Things to do in Basalt-Aspen, CO
Element Basalt - Aspen is located in the heart of the Roaring Fork Valley with convenient access to a variety of year-round attractions. Explore our list of the best year-round things to do in Basalt, CO below or check out our seasonal pages for winter and summer activities.
Proud Member of the Basalt Chamber of Commerce.
- Belly Up Aspen
- City of Aspen
- City of Carbondale
- City of Redstone
- Crown Mountain Park
- Frying Pan River
- Glenwood Hot Springs
- Historic Basalt Shopping
- Maroon Bells
- Penny Hot Springs
- Rio Grande Trail
- Roaring Fork Club
- Roaring Fork River
- Rock Bottom Ranch
- Willis Town Center
- Woody Creek Distillers
How To Get Here
Aspen is located in the heart of the Roaring Fork Valley. Downtown Basalt is positioned at the confluence of 2 Gold Medal Fishing rivers and is a quaint town with locally owned galleries, clothing shops, and restaurants. Enjoy a stroll through town, drive up the beautiful Frying Pan River to Ruedi Reservoir, or explore our list of the best year-round things to do below. Don’t forget to check out our seasonal pages for winter and summer activities:
- Willits Town Center - Element Basalt – Aspen is located in the heart of the Willits Town Center, offering first-rate dining, unique retail and fun events.
- Historic Basalt Shopping - Explore a variety of locally owned galleries, clothing shops, and outdoors stores in downtown Historic Basalt.
- Carbondale, CO – Explore the picturesque town of Carbondale and enjoy the many trails for hiking and biking, gold medal fly fishing, music, movies and rodeo events, shopping, dining and more.
- Redstone, CO – Visit the castle, enjoy the hot springs and enjoy all of the other outdoor recreation activities of hiking, biking, horseback riding, fly fishing and more found throughout the valley.
- Aspen, CO – Discover Aspen’s many treasures from renowned dining and shopping, historical walking tours, the art museum, skiing, events and more. Aspen has something for everyone.
- Crown Mountain Park - This multi-season park offers year-round tennis, BMX trails throughout spring, summer and fall and X-Country ski tracks in the winter.
- Rio Grande Trail - Discover more than 42 miles of trails between Glenwood Springs and Aspen. Go for a short walk or plan a hike, bike, skate, ride or cross-country ski (wheelchair accessible).
- Roaring Fork River - Anglers and fly fishing enthusiasts will love this river, located just a mile from the hotel. The river spans 70 miles and also offers whitewater rafting.
- Fryingpan River - Known for rainbow, brook, and brown trout fishing, you'll be able to try your hand in these waters year-round.
- Rock Bottom Ranch - Tour this environmental center year-round, and walk the nature trails, tour the farmyard, and meet a number of animals including livestock.
- Glenwood Hot Springs - 20 miles from the hotel you'll find this hot springs oasis, which has been open to the public since 1888.
- Belly Up Aspen - Live music venue in Aspen featuring concerts and events from the biggest and best in the entertainment industry.
- Maroon-Bells - The most photographed mountains in North America, accessible by car, RFTA or hike in the summer, cross country ski or snow mobile in winter.
- Fly Fishing – Fly fishing is a favorite in the Aspen area and Basalt is no exception. There are a number of areas easily accessible to the hotel, year-round. Ask our Element team to recommend their favorites.
- Farmer’s Markets – Find the freshest produce in the region on Sundays. Spring, summer, and fall visit Old Town Basalt and in the winter, Eagle Crest Nursery in El Jebel.
- Woody Creek Distillers - Visit this distillery Tuesday - Saturday from 2 - 8 PM, located just one mile from our hotel. Every ingredient in Woody Creek's spirits is home grown on their farm.